The LTM6 AIRFLO Tilley Hat is designed with a wide brim and 3/4" polyester mesh built into the crown. This lightweight hat offers superb ventilation and is made from Tilley Nylamtium, a strong water-and-mildew resistant form of nylon. Color: Khaki With Olive Underbrim
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Dark underbrim for glare protection
- Repels rain, floats
- Ties on in the wind
- Machine washable, won't shrink
- 4-page Owner's Manual
- Secret pocket
- Broad brim with ¾" ventilation mesh
- Brim size: Front: 3 1/2" Back: 3 1/2" Sides: 2 1/2"
- Weighs 4 ounces
- Fabric made from 100% supplex nylon Tilley Nylamtium®. Mesh made from 100% polyester.
- The fabrics of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- Yes, Dorothy, there can be truth in advertising. For instance, although our Hats block 98% of UV rays, some rays COULD enter through ¾" mesh.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. The brass is from Britain and is the best there is. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another. Your Tilley will be equal to that presented to a president or princess. ("Hi, Duke! How long have you had your Tilley?" could be an effective opener.)
Wash it frequently or non-removable sweat stains will mar it and possibly rot it. Machine wash on delicate cycle separately or hand wash in cool water. Do not use bleach as it remains inside the Hat, slowly rotting it. Smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.