The Best of the Appalachian Trail Overnight Hikes is the most comprehensive and useful guide to the very best Appalachian Trail overnight hikes.
- Trailhead maps and driving directions put you on the trail.
- Trail profiles preview each trail's unique flora, fauna, and history.
- Hike difficulty ratings help you choose the right hike.
- Trail routing changes keep you on track.
So what are the best overnight hikes on the Appalachian National Scenic Trail? Our team of experts carefully considered that question, hit the trail, and discovered the answer with boots and sweat.
- Maine's Moxie Bald
- Vermont's Killington Peak
- Pennsylvania's Blue Mountain
- Virginia's Southern Shenandoah
- North Carolina's Mount Cammerer Loop
- Georgia's Tray Mountain Wilderness
From Maine to Georgia, the 2,100-mile Appalachian Trail is an icon and a destination. According to the Appalachian Trail Conference, 3 to 4 million hikers spend time each year exploring sections of the A.T. Whether you're an experienced backpacker or a casual weekend hiker, let The Best of the Appalachian Trail Overnight Hikes guide you along the way.