The quick reference bear country survival guide
Heading into bear country can seem frightening, but it doesn't have to be. This handy, packable guide will show you preventive measures that can reduce your chances of coming across a bear and techniques that can minimize your risk of being injured. With Bear Aware you'll learn how to safely hike and camp in bear country, store food to keep campsites bear free, and handle close encounters. The book also offers special precautions for hunters, anglers, mountain bikers, trail runners, outfitters, photographers, vacationers, and cabin owners, and provides specific regulations for the national parks.
Look inside for the latest information on:
- Safety precautions for outings in bear country
- Common outdoor and camping gear that can attract bears
- Erroneous myths about bears, plus the real facts
- Handling offensive and defensive encounters, and knowing the difference
- Expert recommendations on when - and how - to play dead and when to fight back
Instead of taking fear with you, take Bear Aware.